Total Pageviews

Friday, October 22, 2010

Progress Noted!

I have completed my first two weeks of school...48 hours of a 600-hour course.  The most glaring thing I have dealt with is three hours of homework each evening...  Oh and there's the keeping our smocks clean - they are white. White! 

There are a few things I've learned: the first is that most of us haven't changed our skincare habits in more than ten years!  And, I must admit to not changing my make-up application in as many years.  Perhaps it's time for a fresher look....  Lastly, not to bore anybody (myself included) there is no longer a need to pick or squeeze our faces...there are products that will do that and not leave scarring or draw blood.  Something to think about.

Lastly tonight my thoughts are on leaves.  We have just over an acre of land and it is heavily wooded.  Autumn is a beautiful time of year, the sights, smells and sounds are fabulous.  It's a lot of work, but I love it.  Tomorrow my daughter and I will get to work on mulching and clearing the leaves so that we can tuck the yard in for the winter.  (Something wonderful happens this year when I'm done with the yard work...I can begin making the space for my studio in our cellar...I get shivers of joy just thinking about it!)

Two nights ago I pulled into the driveway about 9:00 and saw our coyote, Wiley, running through the yard.  He travels alone and is, of course, very skittish.  Fortunately he and Roxy have not met up on the homestead, and although he is small methinks he would be dangerous.  Roxy, being a true boxer, would chase him down, right up to the invisible fence anyway!  It would not be a good thing.  So, while I'm happy to host Wiley's run each evening, I try to keep an eye out so Roxy is safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment