Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Today is the 1st Day of....Blah, blah, blah....

I know you know what I mean...
So, rather than be trite I will get right down to business...though I'm not sure what the business is hence "finding my rudder"...
I am 53 years old and I'm starting school tomorrow...my daughter Jen told me she was going to buy a new lunchbox for me, I had mental pictures of the Barbie lunchbox I had in the 1960's...  It would have to be Esthetician Barbie as that is the course I'm taking. I haven't been to school since, gasp, 1976 when I finished my executive secretarial course at Stone School of Business (now Stone Academy).  It will be a bit of a shock, I'm sure, particularly since I will undoubtedly be the oldest in this class...I bet my classmates will expect maturity and confidence.  Well, I can fake THOSE! 
I am a newlywed...John and I have been married for almost two years and together for five (wait, does that make seven??)  We often tell people we've been married for 37 years because, between us, that's how many years we have in other marriages.  But let's not go THERE...  I hope we get 37 years, he's my best friend, smart AND handsome.  Okay...I'll stop.  We bought a house that we are renovating with the intention of flipping in five years when we retire.  Yep, I'm going to school five years before retirement.  I've been a secretary for 30 years and it is past time for something new so on to the next career!
So, my blog will be musings about Life, my life in particular: I am a wife, mother, grandmother, sister, daughter and friend.  I've lost 200 pounds after gastric bypass in 2002 (lots of stories THERE!).  My husband and I met on Match.com (stories there TOO!). 
Come with me while I find my Rudder....

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful beginning, Sue. I'm honored to be the first Friend here and the offer the very first comment. I wish you all the very best in Success and Prosperity...and I look forward to many more posts. Heck, it's the easiest way to catch up after 10 years! LOL xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete