Total Pageviews

Monday, November 8, 2010

Anchors are Important

Today is my daughter's birthday, she is 32.  How can it be 32 years since I first held her - her peaches & cream complexion, the longest toes I had ever seen on a baby and the big blue eyes - the time has flown.  Now she is a mom to two stepsons who call me Grandma and who bring me joy.  Life is coming full circle.

As I think of finding my way I think of my daughters and how they are anchors...anchors to give me pause to stop and think of what is best for my family as I try to find what is best for me.  And beautiful anchors they are! 

Were it not for my anchors who knows where I would have ended up?  I'm a Pisces - a dreamer and a chaser of dreams.  I don't believe the daily horoscope (though I do check to see how many stars I have each day) but I do believe in the traits.  Artistic, happy, placid water people - til you tick us off!  I was "ticked off" for many years in this life and some only knew me as that person.  Time, bumps in the road, intelligence gained and finding someone wonderful to share my life with have made me a nicer person, far less ticked off! 

I am grateful for my anchors and sorry for one that I lost...hopefully he will find his way back one day, I keep looking for him.  He will be 34 on Christmas Day, I haven't seen him in seven years.  We all have our own journey - but it's so much better if we share it with people we love.

Today as I stand looking forward, I am taking loving looks backward and seeing my daughter in my mind's eye as she learned to walk, started school, made friends, learned to do math, have her heart broken, graduate high school, graduate from college, survive a terrible accident, marry a fabulous guy with two wonderful sons.  As I turn to look forward again I feel great peace for what is behind me and great joy for what lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment